It was my wife's birthday weekend this past weekend and lot's of fun ensued. Friday we went for dinner in Hoboken, which, whilst not a personal fan of Hoboken was fun due to the company. It was not so much fun when the taxi ride home at 3am cost $65 but hey-ho. Saturday was awesome! My wife, my friend Graeme and I all took a train up to central park and hired bicycles for two hours, riding the whole loop of Central Park leisurely on what was a beautiful day. I hadn't ridden a bike in years and forgot how much fun it was! As such we are going to make a point of hiring bikes and riding around Central Park a lot more often.
One of our many stop off points whilst riding was the John Lennon memorial, Strawberry Fields which is a place that people gather to relish in the memory of John Lennon. This is an awesome spot in the park, with a huge array of different types of people from the world over. Everyone wants to get their photo taken in front of the "Imagine" mural on the floor and there is usually a guy or two playing some Beatles music while you relax there. The guy we had was super awesome being both great on guitar, vocally and on harmonica.
So back to the gloomy day that is today. This playlist is definitely for this day, full of gloomy, heavy, sludgy music that will help put you in a better mood by the end of it all.
Enjoy and see you guys tomorrow.
Spotifried Issue #10 // My Morning Journey #8 Tracklisting:
- Nirvana - Stay Away
- Underoath - Reversal
- Alexisonfire - Black As Jet
- Queens Of The Stone Age - Skin On Skin
- Gil Scott-Heron - Me And The Devil
- Puscifer - Man Overboard
- Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill
- Beastie Boys - Crawlspace
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Dragon Queen
- Radiohead - Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Bold As Love
- The Black Keys - I'm Not The One
- Nine Inch Nails - Every Day Is Exactly the Same
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Soft Trees Break The Fall
- Kanye West - Bad News
- Battles - White Electric
- Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie XX - I'm New Here
- Bon Iver - Lisbon, OH
- Karen Elson - The Truth Is In The Dirt