Renegade English soul-rockers The Heavy are excited to announce their upcoming North American Fall headline tour. Beginning in New York City on August 30, the tour will take in a month's worth of dates throughout September, hitting large markets along the way including San Francisco, CA, on September 4, Los Angeles, CA, on September 7, Chicago, IL, on September 20 and Toronto, ON, on September 23. The Heavy are also confirmed to make an appearance at this year's Bumbershoot Festival in Seattle, WA, on Saturday, September 1.
The Glorious Dead, The Heavy's soon-to-be-released full-length album on Counter Records (August 21), is the band's third LP and is the follow-up to their acclaimed sophomore record The House That Dirt Built (2009). Self-produced and with their unique, raw eclecticism fully intact, it's their most fully-realized record yet, mixing together soul, hip hop, rock, blues and funk into glorious, raucous party music that is equally full of heart.
The first single from The Glorious Dead, 'What Makes A Good Man?,' was snatched up by Miller Beer for a national ad campaign (featuring the band in a dressing room cameo). The song follows in the footsteps of the band's sleeper hit 'How You Like Me Now?', a track that has clocked up over 500K downloads to date and has been featured in countless advertisements. But there's more to the album than just that, from the horror film atmospherics of 'Can't Play Dead' to the laid-back sincerity of 'Curse Me Good,' the funked-up hip hop rhythm of 'Big Bad Wolf' and the epic, heavy-hitting gospel rock 'n' roll of 'Same 'Ol.' Throughout, vocalist Kelvin Swaby's voice soars, packed with yearning and pure soul. The video for 'What Makes A Good Man?' spotlights a rather "eventful" and excessive day in the life of a New Yorker.
WATCH // 'What Makes a Good Man?'
The Heavy North American tour dates:
- Aug. 30 - The Fillmore at Irving Plaza, New York, NY
- Sept. 01 - Bumbershoot Festival, Seattle, WA
- Sept. 02 - Doug Fir Lounge, Portland, OR
- Sept. 04 - Slim's, San Francisco, CA
- Sept. 05 - The Blank Club, San Jose, CA
- Sept. 07 - El Rey Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
- Sept. 08 - Casbah, San Diego, CA
- Sept. 10 - Santa Fe Brewing Co., Santa Fe, NM
- Sept. 11 - The Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix, AZ
- Sept. 13 - Red 7, Austin, TX
- Sept. 14 - Fitzgerald's, Houston, TX
- Sept. 17 - Old Rock House, St. Louis, MO
- Sept. 18 - Majestic Theater, Madison, WI
- Sept. 19 - Fine Line Music Cafe, Minneapolis, MN
- Sept. 20 - Double Door, Chicago, IL
- Sept. 21 - Magic Stick- Detroit, MI
- Sept. 22 - Pyramid Scheme, Grand Rapids, MI
- Sept. 23 - Lee's Palace, Toronto, ON
- Sept. 25 - Le Cabaret du Mile End, Montreal, QC
- Sept. 26 - Brighton Music Hall, Allston, MA