This autumn Lotus Plaza will head across the pond to perform in the UK/EU for the first time and in support of the new Kranky album Spooky Action At A Distance, we couldn't be more excited.For the uninitiated, Lotus Plaza is the solo nom de plume of Lockett Pundt, better known as the guitarist in Deerhunter. Pundt has already reached great acclaim having penned a number of the best songs on the last two Deerhunter albums and his first album, The Floodlight Collective, a tour de force of hypnotic guitar pop smarts. Spooky Action at a Distance went on to bring the promise of yet more mesmerising tracks of layered and ultimately dreamlike bliss.
Here are the tour dates:
- Tue 23-Oct-12 Switzerland Lasaunne Le Romandie
- Wed 24-Oct-12 Switzerland Basel Kaserne
- Thu 25-Oct-12 Switzerland St Gallen The Palace - St Gallen
- Sat 27-Oct-12 Italy Ravena Bronson
- Sun 28-Oct-12 Italy Padova Looop
- Mon 29-Oct-12 France Montpellier Rockstore
- Tue 30-Oct-12 France Dijon Novosonic
- Wed 31-Oct-12 France Paris Pitchfork Music Festival Paris @ Trabendo
- Thu 01-Nov-12 France Nantes Soy Festival
- Fri 02-Nov-12 France Vendome Rockomotives
- Sat 03-Nov-12 Netherlands The Hague REWIRE Festival
- Sun 04-Nov-12 Belgium Kortrijk De Krein
- Wed 07-Nov-12 Spain Madrid El Sol
- Thu 08-Nov-12 Spain Barcelona APOLO
- Fri 09-Nov-12 France Lyon TBA
- Sat 10-Nov-12 UK London
Watch // Lotus Plaza // Strangers
There is a wide variety of songs and moods to be unearthed in Spooky Action at a Distance, from unabashed rockers such as 'White Galactic One' and 'Monoliths', the lysergic electronics of 'Rembember Our Days' with the album culminating in the acoustic laced introspection of the final two tracks, 'Dusty Rhodes' and 'Black Buzz'.
Spooky Action at a Distance is a wide angle view of what should be the zeitgeist of contemporary guitar pop. We are very excited to reveal that you can get a sneaky peak of the blissful chimings of 'Strangers' here now. For the rest of this sonic masterpiece, well, we may just have to keep you in suspense a little bit longer...