After a summer of tearing up some of the world’s most famous festivals, such as SXSW, The Great Escape, Roskilde and Primavera, the progressive-rock act Mutiny On The Bounty have signed to Best Before Records who are to release their second album, Trials, to the U.K. audience. After their debut received wide critical acclaim, they have taken the next step up with a new home, two new band members and new producer for an altogether new sound on album two.
Trials was recorded in Seattle with top producer Matt Bayles, (famous for his work with Pearl Jam, Russian Circles, Mastodon, Isis and Fall Of Troy). Their distinctive sound is heavier than ever and incorporates electronic elements and greater melody without sacrificing the complex musicianship that initially won them their fanbase.
Trialsis a mix of post-metal instrumentals, heavy syncopated rhythms fitting somewhere between The Mars Volta and a young King Crimson and/or Mutiny’s own brand of Minus The Bear / Fall Of Troy-esque math-rock. From the pummelling breakdowns in 'Myanmar' to the melodic suss of new single 'Artifacts', there is variety here originating from a band playing without boundaries. Enviable musicianship is complimented by a greater focus on song craft showing MOTB’s increased maturity throughout.
The band have previously toured playing with the likes of Biffy Clyro, Coheed and Cambria, Portugal the Man and And So I Watch You From Afar and will start their Headline Tour in support of their new album come September.
Mutiny on the Bounty - 'Artifacts':
- Wed 12.09.12 Green Door Store, Brighton, UK
- Thu 13.09.12 Party Hard @ The Unit, Southampton, UK
- Fri 14.09.12 Crauford Arms, Milton Keynes, UK
- Sat 15.09.12 The Studio, Hartlepool, UK
- Sun 16.09.12 Captain's Rest, Glasgow, UK
- Mon 17.09.12 Brudenell Social Club, Leeds, UK
- Tue 18.09.12 Firebug, Leicester, UK
- Wed 19.09.12 Old Blue Last, London, UK
- Thu 20.09.12 The Westcoast Music Venue, Margate, UK