Between The Buried And Me's ambitious concept album, The Parallax II: Future Sequence, gave the North Carolina-based band their highest one week sales figure and Billboard chart position (17,102 and #22 respectively) since the band's inception in the early 2000's.
The band, who are currently in Gothenburg, Sweden expressed their appreciation:
"We are extremely grateful for everyone sticking with us all these years; through all the epic journeys we've put you through, all the style changes and the crazy storylines… you've blown us away and we couldn't be any more excited and thankful."The album also landed the #3 spot on Billboard's Hard Music Album chart, as well as #8 on the trade magazine's Rock Album Chart. Additionally, The Parallax II charted at #5 on Billboard's Indie Label Album chart and at #10 on the Billboard Indie Retail Album chart. Previously, Between The Buried And Me's highest charting release was the 2009 release of The Great Misdirect, which entered Billboard at #36.
Internationally Between The Buried And Me and their brilliant album fared equally well, taking the #1 spot on iTunes Canada's Metal chart upon release and landing at the #5 spot on the Billboard's Canadian Hard Music Chart (#46 on the nation's Top 200 Album chart). In the UK, The Parallax II debuted at #15 on the Rock/Metal Chart and at #30 on the country's Indie Chart. Lastly, in Germany, Between The Buried And Me took the #6 spot on the German Newcomer Chart (as well as #102 on the German Trend Chart).
The Parallax II, recorded during the Spring of 2012 at The Basement Studios in Winston-Salem, N.C., was once again produced by the band and longtime creative partner Jamie King. This is Between The Buried And Me's first full-length release on Metal Blade Records, preceded by The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues, an EP that began the story of the two characters: Prospect I and Prospect II. A video for "Astral Body," the first single from The Parallax II, gives fans their first look at the two characters in a visually-stunning clip.
Between The Buried And Me is currently touring Europe with a trek across Japan, Australia and New Zealand to follow. A North American tour will be announced soon.
- Oct. 18 Hamburg, Germany Logo
- Oct. 19 Berlin, Germany Lido
- Oct. 20 Prague, Czech Republic Rock Café
- Oct. 22 Bratislava, Slovakia Randall Club
- Oct. 23 Budapest, Hungary Durer Kert
- Oct. 24 Vienna, Austria Szene
- Oct. 25 Munich, Germany Backstage
- Oct. 27 Novara, Italy Rock'n'Roll Arena
- Oct. 28 Zurich, Switzerland Dynamo
- Oct. 29 Stuttgart, Germany Universum
- Oct. 30 Frankfurt, Germany Batschkapp
- Oct. 31 Paris, France La Maroquinerie
- Nov. 2 London, UK Shepherds Bush Empire
- Nov. 4 Austin, TX Fun Fun Fun Fest
- Nov. 8 Osaka, Japan Avenue A
- Nov. 9 Nagoya, Japan 3Star
- Nov. 10 Tokyo, Japan Aube
- Nov. 11 Tokyo, Kichijoji Club Seata
- Nov. 13 Perth, Australia Amplifier
- Nov. 14 Adelaide, Australia Fowlers
- Nov. 15 Brisbane, Australia The Zoo
- Nov. 16 Melbourne, Australia Corner Hotel
- Nov. 17 Sydney, Australia The Metro
- Nov. 19 Wellington, NZ Bodega
- Nov. 20 Auckland, NZ The Kings Arms