London based Whales In Cubicles have announced the release of their debut album Death In The Evening, recorded at legendary Monnow Valley Studio with producer Nick Mailing and mixed by Simon ‘Barny’ Barnicott (Peace, Kasabian, The Temper Trap, Placebo, Arctic Monkeys, Editors). The album is out 10th February 2014 on CLUB.THE.MAMMOTH. with lead single 'All The Pretty Flowers', out the previous week.
Since releasing the debut single ‘We Never Win’ in 2012, Whales in Cubicles carved out a distinctive niche within the UK music scene, creating complex but often minimalist soundscapes that owe more to 90s alternative rock than psychedelia. With strong support from The Fly, Q Magazine, The Independent, Artrocker, Clash and major attention from BBC Radio 1, BBC 6Music, XFM and Amazing Radio they're building up quite the momentum.
'DEATH IN THE EVENING' ALBUM UK TOUR:
- 28/01/2014 - Think Tank, Newcastle
- 29/01/2014 - Sneaky Pete's, Edinburgh
- 30/01/2014 - A Nation Of Shopkeepers, Leeds
- 01/02/2014 - Night & Day, Manchester
- 05/02/2014 - Cookie Jar, Leicester
- 06/02/2014 - Moles, Bath
- 07/02/2014 - The Prince Albert, Brighton
- 13/02/2014 - Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen, London
- 14/02/2014 - Sixty Million Postcards, Bournemouth
- 15/02/2014 - Start The Bus, Bristol
- 17/02/2014 - Joiners, Southampton